Saturday, September 25, 2010

Culture & What It Means to Me

Me and one of the performer from Mexico
Well today I had the opportunity to attend the Seoul Drum Festival with two of my friends here in Seoul. The Festival is a month long event that culminates at the end of the month with a parade and a competition. Groups from around Korea and the World come to showcase traditional as well as contemporary drum performances. Most of them incorporate dance and other things as well. Watching the event reminded me of how much I enjoy studying and learning about other cultures. In South Georgia, one does not run into many other cultures very often as you would expect. It has been a breath of fresh air to see these people in native garb(spelling?)....doing what they do best. I couldn't help but to think about the fact that God created all of these people....with their different languages, music, etc. It reminds of the scripture in Revelations 7:9-10; "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb." Enjoy the videos by clicking the link below!

My Korean Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment