Friday, October 22, 2010

NEW ARRIVAL!!!

     For the last week of my life I have been on cloud nine. All due to the arrival of my first child and new baby daughter! It seemed like it took forever for her to get her. From almost day one my wife has to endure several complication, scares, and even being separated from me since July. Well I have to say that it all is very much worth it. In honor of my mother, who passed away last year, we decided to name her Janet. All of the nurses kept asking us the same question over and over, "why such a big name for such a little person?" So I had several opportunities to explain why. That whole day is one that I will never ever forget. I have to give a huge shout out to Facebook, yes I said Facebook.  Facebook was the first place that my wife sent me a message saying that her parent's were taking her to the hospital.  As I getting ready to call home via Skype, yes Skype, I was filled with nervousness and excitment. Nervousness because I knew that my wife had had issues before and that she was still about 4 weeks early! The nervousness was not enough however to kill my excitement as I thought about the possibility of being able to finally see, smell, and hold the little person that we had been waiting for. In a matter of about an hour's time my wife had given birth through emergency c-section.
     With the help of the staff at my job, THANKS SOOOO MUCH, I was able to find, secure, and be on a flight that very same day. Twenty-four hours later I was walking through the door of my wife's hospital room! What a whirlwind! When I arrived, I learned that my wife had been put completely to sleep and hadn't been afforded the tradition of being able to hold her new baby moments after she arrived. Instead, we both were taken to the NICU where we met her for the first time together. She was sooo small, which was really a shock because she looked so big in the picture that my mother-in-law had sent me to "tide me over'.  I have to say that she is the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen, I am probably biased however. All in all, help me welcome baby Janet into the world:

Born: October 12, 2010
Weight: 5lbs 14 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment