Thursday, November 11, 2010

I love me some Fridays

     Well this week the G20 summit is town here in Seoul. The streets have been lined all week with riot police and long police buses blockading certain areas of the city. You'd think that with all of that excitement, I would blog about this. But no, this entry is about something much more close to my heart. Something that I think that many more people could relate to. Yes it's about God's most wonderful day, Friday. Yes folks, it is Friday. Since the dawn of man, humans have logged in long weeks only to get to that one sweet prize, Friday. I can imagine how Adam must have felt after God cursed him to go to work for the rest of his days. Fridays were probably a time for him when he felt some resemblance of the life that he once had in the Garden. He could rest and enjoy the life that God had given him. Sad to say however, there are so many people today who do not and dare I say can not enjoy their Fridays, let the weekend.
    These poor souls are either forced to work or voluntarily choose to work through the time that God has set aside for us to catch our breaths. Well, NOT ME!!!  I love me some Friday's. The sheer anticipation of not having to get up at the crack of down is enough to make one just feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Watching the clock inch ever closer to 3:00P.M. causes a sensation of excitement to grow inside like no other. Okay, okay, maybe I am overdoing it a little. But you gotta admit it, Friday's are just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment